Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Death

At the anniversary of a family members death recently, a lot of things went through my mind. Death really does have a way of bringing things back into perspective. My mother-in-law was 52 years young. Dieing is not a fun topic to discuss but all of us have to ask certain questions at some time or another. Here are some of the questions that ran through my mind:
- My life could be over this afternoon. Am I living this way? What would look different?
- Since we DO know that our earthly lives will someday come to an end, how should we be living day to day? What should our focus be?
- Has my life up to this point been a reflection of Christ? (ouch that hurt)
- WHO am I investing my time in?
- WHAT am I investing my (God's) money in?
- How has my words impacted others, or am I even focused on that to begin with?
- Where do I want to spend my time? Working for more stuff?
Each day, what is our focus? If we do not come to grips with these answers now, be certain they will be asked again in eternity. James 4:14
I want my life to be different. I want others to look at me and see Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment