Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Clarification

Today I had lunch with a good friend. He is one of those guys that I really trust and can confide in. We met up to discuss my ideas in regards to 2-Tunics. During our discussion we spoke about responsibility as Believers who are blessed with much. While talking I came to the realization that this concept could be misunderstood. My guess is that the majority of people think of money when they hear the word “generosity”. I could be wrong but it does seem like that.

I want to clarify some things. First, I believe you can be a generous person and not spend a dime. More often than not, money is the easiest method of giving which is why we probably think that way. You can be generous with your time, which can be very difficult. You can be generous with your words! Compliments and encouragement go a long way. Second, you don’t have to be wealthy (by Western standards) to be generous with money. Many people are struggling to the point where $20 will make a big impact in their life.

To sum it up, be generous with EVERY blessing, gift, and resource that God has given you, whether it's money, time, words, or anything else.


1 Corinthians 4:1-2 “Men should regard us as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God… Moreover, it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful to his gifts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment