Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Being Vulnerable

A bit of vulnerability……

Today our family arrived back home from Florida. Getting back home is bittersweet in the sense that you are grateful to be back but realize there is work waiting on you. Laundry, dishes, cleaning, yard work, and much more have not been done for over a week. Sound like I am complaining? I am….

We are such planners that we cleaned our home, did laundry in Florida, and completed most tasks so that we did not have to worry about them after arriving home. That part was nice but something hit me while putting clothes away tonight.
Our family created this organization to encourage generosity. We also want to make people aware how blessed we are compared to the rest of the world. Do you know how you compare to other families globally? If not, its worth your time to research.

I was putting our two kids shirts on hangers and organizing a bit when we returned. While doing so I found myself sighing about how many shirts I had to hang up. When we created started 2-Tunics it was based on our responsibility as blessed people to share. But how much is enough? (BTW, this is one of my number top questions I will have for God).
Ready for this??? I stopped counting at the number of shirts our TWO children have. 153…………No kidding. Is that normal for American children? They are hand-me-downs but 153!!! Why? This is not including clothes that do not fit or ones waiting for them to grow into.

Not only do I have 2-tunics…..I have 153!!!
Tonight made my “Holy Discontent” even more real. Our family, your family has a responsibility.
How much is enough? Hard question to ask ourselves isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment